It was a busy weekend, but here’s the gastronomic sequence:
1. Petrossian. Coffee & Orange Brioche. Much fawning over caviar.
2. Roasting Plant Coffee. Espresso and own-made Ding Dong (michele only).
3. Kin Shop. Spicy Duck Laab, Duck Breast Roti, Grilled Trigger fish. Roasted bone marrow.
4. Fedora. Martinis and Manhattans
5. Bakehouse. Coffee and Short Rib Hash
6. Kava. Espresso.
7. Magnolia. Cupcake (michele only)
8. Red Farm. Not open
9. Momofuku Ssam bar. Bo Ssam. Vieux Carre.
10. Think Coffee. Espresso.
11. Arthur’s Tavern. Beer.
12. Joe’s. Slice of pizza, eaten outside in Father Demo Square.
13. The Breslin – curried lentils and poached eggs. thrice-cooked chips,
14. Stumptown. Espresso.
15. Eataly. Fresh bread and mozzarella for the train ride, spicy salumi.
Espresso, in order of preference:
3) Think Coffee
4) Roasting Plant